Acupuncture and herbal medicine since 1996
Therapeutic massage since 1992
commonly known as Maddie, I lived in Whitefish from 1989 to 1991, doing construction and grooming the ski slopes on the Big
Mountain. In 1991 I moved to San Diego to study massage and traditional Chinese Medicine. Now I'm thrilled to returned home
and build my practice in the healing arts.
To provide the best healthcare possible while treating the whole being. To provide leadership and education, help
clients help themselves, and to provide hope. To work with health care professionals in all fields, providing integrated medicine,
with the best interest of the client in mind.
EDUCATION & LICENSING
Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine (M.T.O.M.)
Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Dec. 1996
Summa cum Laude
Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.)
Medical Board of California Acupuncture Committee
Examination and Licensure
Certified Acupuncturist (C.A.)
Licensure in the State of Montana
* Diplomate of Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.)
Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists(NCCA)
Examination and Certification
* Diplomate of Chinese Herbology
National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists(NCCA)
Examination and Certification
Holistic Health Practitioner (H.H.P.)
Special Licensure in San Diego for massage therapists with over 1000 hours of training.
* Gynecology Seminar Series of Traditional Chinese Medicine by
Dr. Yitian Ni (L.Ac, MD in China) from 1996 through 1999.
* Training in massage with a specialty in Tui-Na (Chinese
medical massage). Additional training in: Swedish/circulatory, setai shiatsu, zen shiatsu, deep tissue, hands on healing.
* Therapeutic Massage: beginning 1991. Twelve years
of experience and over 1300 hours of training at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine.
* Enrolled in the Crucible program
of the Universal Life Church (energetic healing training) for one year.
* Self employed in massage therapy since 1991.
Employed by East/West Center For Health: massage therapist and acupuncture assistant, three years.
* Employed by Bodywork
Emporium: massage therapist, three years.
* Teaching assistant with Robert Leak, HHP at Pacific College of Oriental
Medicine and School of Healing Arts. Teaching circulatory and Chinese tui-na massage.
* Teaching Anatomy and Physiology
to massage students at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego Winter 2004.
* Weekly volunteer at The San
Diego Cancer Research Institute providing massage therapy to cancer patients in 2003.
* Presently practicing acupuncturist
licensed in 1996. Managing, operating and marketing the business as well as treating patients.
* Fifteen CEU (continuing education units) required per year to maintain acupuncture license.
These have been fulfilled and exceeded since 1995 with a variety of topics.
* Weekly volunteer at The San Diego Cancer Research Institute providing massage therapy
to cancer patients in 2003.
* Active member of the Poway Chamber of Commerce for eight years.
* Supporting elderly
and handicapped family members.